Whatcom READS! is a county-wide program that encourages everyone to read and discuss the same book. It is organized by all the public and academic libraries in Whatcom County and our community partner, Village Books, with significant funding from Friends of the Bellingham Public Library and Whatcom County Library Foundation and support from other local businesses and organizations.
Each year, a new book is selected by Whatcom READS organizers. Community members are encouraged to read or listen to the book, share it with family, friends and neighbors, and participate in programs and special events that follow the themes in the book selection. Each series culminates with a visit by the author of the selected book, who makes numerous free-of-charge presentations at locations throughout the county.
Ruth Ozeki is scheduled to visit Whatcom County March 3-5, 2016 at events throughout Whatcom County. All events free-of-charge and open to the public!
Thursday, March 3
- 11:00 a.m. Book Discussion with Ruth Ozeki, Ferndale Library, Ferndale
- 6:30 p.m. "Halving the Bones" Film Screening, Pickford Film Center, Bellingham (pre-film reception at 5:30 p.m.)
Friday, March 4
- 1:30 p.m. Principles of Buddhism with Ruth Ozeki, YWCA Ballroom, Bellingham
- 7:00 p.m. An Evening with Ruth Ozeki, Mount Baker Theatre, Bellingham
Saturday, March 5
- 1:00 p.m. The Art and Craft of Writing, Wilson Library Reading Room, Western Washington University
- 7:00 p.m. An Interview with Ruth Ozeki, Jansen Art Center, Lynden
For more information, visit Whatcom Reads! website.